Do I have to have grass in the curb strip?
Curb strips greater than 3 feet must remain landscaped. If your curb strip is less than 3 feet wide, you have the option of filling it with concrete. Rocks and bark are not permitted, as they can spill onto the streets and sidewalks. The city encourages grass, flowers, and trees, both for the aesthetic appeal and to help deal with water run-off. A list of approved “street trees” is available at City Hall, 911 North 7th.

Show All Answers

1. What is the zoning for my property?
2. Can I have a second dwelling unit in my home?
3. How close can I build to my property line?
4. How long does it take to get a building permit?
5. Do I have to have grass in the curb strip?
6. What is the difference between a regular house and a boarding house?
7. How do I know if a house has approval from the city to operate as a boarding house?
8. Does the city shutdown illegal boarding houses?
9. What are the most common reasons people call in boarding house complaints?
10. Can any house be converted to a boarding house?
11. I'm concerned about the junky property down the street. Are there laws about this sort of thing? Where can I complain?
12. Why does my house have a “code enforcement” case, when my neighbor's house is worse than mine?
13. Help, we're receiving notices of violation from the city's Code Enforcement Division. Can you help us somehow?
14. I've heard the city sometimes buys property in the central neighborhoods. Would you buy mine?
15. Aren't you guys the same as Pocatello Neighborhood Housing Services?
16. The sidewalks in front of my home are dangerous. Can the city help with the repairs?
17. Help… I need an emergency repair at my home. Can you help?
18. I've heard the city provides special services for Senior Citizens. What help could I get for me or my elderly parents?
19. I've heard the city has neighborhood associations. How can I find out where and when mine meets?
20. I've been having financial difficulties lately and I need utility and rent assistance. Can the city help?
21. I want to sign up for federal housing assistance (a voucher) to help cover my rent. Can I sign up there at City Hall?
22. Why can't the city spend its federal Community Development Block Grant funding (about $600,000 annually) throughout the city?
23. What is tax increment financing?
24. How do I get my property listed on the National Register?
25. Where do I get more information?