Sexual Assault

If you have been raped or sexually assaulted:
  1. Call 911
  2. Call a rape crisis line. 208-251-Help (251-4357). They can refer you to appropriate care and safety.
  3. Go to a hospital. It is important to receive treatment for possible exposure to sexually transmitted diseases. Crime evidence can also be collected there.
  4. Call or go to a friend's or relative's house where there is someone who can give you emotional support. If you feel you have no 1 for support please contact our caring victim services personnel (208-234-6515) who will provide you with information and support.
  5. Seek assistance from a counselor, hospital, rape crisis center or mental health center.

Violence Power Wheel

The Violence Power Wheel (PDF) is a helpful tool to understanding power and control in relationships and how to identify indicators of both sexual and physical violence.

Community Resource Contact Information

  • Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Services
  • Emergency Housing
  • Medical Assistance
  • Women's Services
Violence Wheel