Under 16 Service Opportunities
Individuals Under 16 Years of Age/Groups Wishing to Volunteer Together
We often have individuals under 16 years of age, students in need of community service credit and groups who wish to volunteer together, ask if they can volunteer up at the Shelter. Due to the size of our current facility, it is difficult to accommodate those under 16 years old or groups at this time. However, we have compiled a bunch of ways both groups and under 16 volunteers can help the animals that reside at the Shelter.
As for students in need of community service credit; if you complete a project to benefit our organization you may be able to receive community service credit for school or a youth organization.*
* Students should always check with their school or organization prior to completing a project to make sure the hours they put in will count for credit.
- Organize a Supply Drive to collect items for our shelter animals. Visit our Wish List (PDF) for a list of supplies we currently need.
- Collect Pet Food for the shelter animals:
- Wet Food: Paté cat and dog canned food is best.
- Dry Food: Purina Dog Chow (green bag), Purina Little Bites (yellow bag), Purina Puppy Chow and Large Breed Puppy Chow (blue bag), Purina Cat Chow (blue bag), Purina Kitten Chow (yellow bag), Purina Cat Chow Naturals (olive green bag).
- Download our Pet Food Drive Starter Kit (PDF) it's full of tips about holding a successful collection.
- Organize a Fundraiser such as a bake sale, paper paw tag sale, car wash, lemonade stand or penny drive, or sell home-made items such as jewelry.
Teachers, students and youth groups may request an educational behind-the-scenes shelter tour of our facilities or a presentation at their school or program.
Thank you for choosing to help the animals at the Pocatello Animal Services and Adoption Center.